Terms and Conditions
Please read this carefully. By accessing The British Bodyguard Association website at www.the-bba.org.uk and www.britishbodguard.org and subdomains thereof (the “website”), you are agreeing to the terms that appear below. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Community Forums
3. No Warranties, Exclusion of Damages, Limitation of Liability and Exclusive Remedy
4. Changes to these Terms
5. Advertising and Sponsorship
6. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
www.the-bba.org.uk and www.britishbodyguard.org is owned by BBA Corporate Ltd (“BBA”).
As a user, you will be able to access material on all public areas of the Website. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you are a Member of the BBA.
The BBA does not make any charge for you to access the Website. However, you should be aware that your Internet Service Provider and/or telephone operator may charge you for time spent accessing the website in the same way that you are charged for making telephone calls. You should contact your operator if you require details of these charges.
There is no specific time limit applying to your access and use of the Website on these terms. However, the BBA reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use of the website at any time. It may exercise this right with or without notice. If applicable, notice will be given to your e-mail address as notified to the BBA. In that event, notice will be deemed to be served three hours after transmission or posting.
2. Community Chat and Forums
The Website includes public and restricted-access chat functionality and forums that allow feedback to the BBA and interaction between users and BBA staff (“Forums”). While the BBA does not control the information/materials posted to Forums by users (the “Messages”), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages and to terminate your access to and use of the Forums and you waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the Messages.
You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by the BBA on a Forum. You may not:
- post, link to, or otherwise publish any Messages containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain Messages or “spam”;
- post, link to, or otherwise publish any Messages with recommendations to buy or refrain from buying a particular product or service or which contain confidential information of another party;
- post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content;
- post or otherwise publish any Messages that contain a virus or other harmful component;
- disguise the origin of any Messages;
- impersonate any person or entity (including BBA employees or Forum guests or hosts) or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity;
- post or otherwise publish any Messages unrelated to the Forum or the Forum’s topic;
- post or transmit any Messages that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or any computer software or equipment;
- collect or store other users’ personal data;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums.
By submitting messages to any Forum you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BBA from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any Messages posted or published by you that are in breach of this section.
The Forums contain Messages submitted by users over whom the BBA has no control. The BBA cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Messages. Some users may breach these terms and post Messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Forum and should not rely on Messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific decisions.
BBA staff (who will be clearly identified as such) will also contribute material to the Forums in order to stimulate discussions and ensure the smooth running of the Forums. The Forums may also contain messages from special guests selected by the BBA. The opinions of those BBA staff and special guests are their own and are not necessarily endorsed by the BBA.
By submitting Messages to any Forums you are granting the BBA a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the Message in whole or in part and in any form. This may include personal information such as your username and alias and your expressions of opinion. The BBA reserves the right to contact you by e-mail with regard to your use of the Forums.
It is not possible for the BBA to fully and effectively monitor when Messages infringe the copyright of a third-party or other third-party rights. If you believe that a Message infringes any legal rights that you may have, you should notify the BBA immediately by our contact info.
3. NO WARRANTIES, EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
The Content is only for your general information and use and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, the Content does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation or arrangement by the BBA and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other decisions. Appropriate independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this Website are at your sole risk and responsibility.
4. Changes to these Terms
The BBA reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Website and its related services. Due to its policy of updating and improving the Website, the BBA may wish to change these Terms, and will do so without notice.
5. Advertising and Sponsorship
Part of the Website or related services may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website complies with international and national law. The BBA will not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising or sponsorship material.
6. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall (subject to the paragraph below) have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms or the legal relationship established by them, and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
For the exclusive benefit of the BBA, the BBA shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these Terms are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these Terms are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
British Bodyguard Association Membership: Terms and conditions
1) BBA Membership – General
The benefits of membership arranged on behalf of members by the British Bodyguard Association only apply subject to:
- The full terms and conditions of membership and
- strict compliance with the terms for payment of subscriptions as follows:
All payments are to be in advance and as such defaulting on any payment will invalidate the benefits provided by the membership category from immediate effect. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure regular payments are made by the due date.
- Monthly – Payments are divided over 12months and instalments must be paid by the agreed pre-authorisation, recurring payment agreement. In the event that the subscriptions are not received in full by midnight on the date due, this membership and all benefits will cease from immediate effect.
- Annually – Payments are made in a single instalment on the same date each year and must be paid by the agreed pre-authorisation, recurring payment agreement. In the event that the subscriptions are not received in full by midnight on the date due, this membership and all benefits will cease from immediate effect.
Membership or any rights under it cannot be assigned.
Membership may be cancelled
a) by the association:
i) in the event of non-payment of subscriptions, by informing the member through a viable means of communication, which may be by Email to the last known Email address of the member, that payment has failed. Delivery of confirmation may be attempted by either the association or their assigned payment solution provider. In the event that the subscriptions are not received in full by midnight on the date due, this membership and all benefits will cease from immediate effect.
ii) with immediate effect if it is deemed that the member has knowingly broken the conditions of membership or has knowingly brought the reputation of the association into disrepute. Confirmation of this shall be delivered via written notice by Email to the last known Email address of the member or both.
iii) for any other reason, by sending 30 (thirty) days’ written notice by electronic mail to the last known email address of the member or both.
In circumstance iii) above, the member will not be entitled to a refund
b) by the member
cancelling the pre-arranged monthly/annually recurring payment agreement at any time by contacting the bank or building society. If this is by phone or internet, written confirmation may be required. You should also notify the BBA. Monthly membership subscriptions are paid in advance and collected via pre-arranged, monthly recurring payment agreement & non-refundable once collected. Annual payments may be refunded on a pro-rota basis, if cancelled within the first 30 days and at the discretion of the BBA.
4) Changes to membership
The benefits of membership to the British Bodyguard Association may change at any time and without notice.
The member shall not disclose any information considered to be a member only benefit to any third party, this includes, but is not limited to; job vacancy listings, personal information of other members, digital or physical intellectual property belonging to the association, any web based text or imagery without first obtaining written consent from the association.
6) Declarations & Material Facts
The member shall provide to the association:
- all information and facts that may affect enrolment to the association, which may include but not limited to:
- Details of any criminal convictions both current and spent.
- inclusion on the sex offenders register refusal or non-acceptance of inclusion by any security industry regulatory body.
- having engaged in any form of mercenary work.
- been part of a group which has colluded to overthrow a government or orchestrate a military coup.
- have planned to, or engaged in any act of terrorism, or have been aligned to any grouping with terrorist links.
- accepting the ‘membership’ benefits & limitations & have read the ‘terms of service’ & ‘membership agreement’.
- confirming you do not have any previous or ongoing legal action against you or investigations and have made the association aware of any situation which may arise to regulatory breach or disciplinary and or legal action.
- Any other information that theassociationmay reasonably require both at the time of enrolment and for the period of duration of membership.
Inclusion for the member within the association under these terms and conditions shall be voidable in the event of misrepresentation, misdescription or non-disclosure of any information supplied on or in connection with the membership