Most people think that protective services begins and ends with just standing next to the protectee, but today’s guest has made a very successful career from doing the exact opposite of that.
On this episode, we’re joined by Sam Alicea who manages and runs the security for multiple tours, both domestically and internationally. He talks about how the touring space is a segment of the industry that a lot of people want to get in, but they don’t necessarily know how to. And of course, there are people that do get in, but they aren’t doing it the right way, which opens them and the client up to a lot of exposure.
Join us as we talk to Sam to discuss:
- What he attributes his success in the industry to?
- With touring being such a demanding field, what are the positives and benefits of touring?
- What he finds most challenging about being a protector in the touring industry?
- What are the challenges of working with in-house security?
- Realizing the importance of venue managers and how to break the barrier?
- Managing conflicts on the team – tips/techniques/tactics?
- And the qualities/attributes sought when hiring people in the touring space.
Tune in to this lively conversation about the field of entertainment and touring. As Sam tells us:
“It’s a game really. It’s a game that we’re in and you’ve got to win the game EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.”
Sam Alicia is an experienced Executive Protection practitioner who specializes in Protective Operations Implementation as well as Advance Planning & Logistics. A former member of Law Enforcement, his area of expertise involves the coordinating and implementation of high visibility security details as it relates to working with clients in the entertainment touring, political, and corporate sectors internationally. He can be reached at Sam@TourSecuritySolutions.com.
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called ‘On the Circuit’ where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: