The threat landscape is becoming so much more difficult with online threats and with people putting online whatever they want. If your principal or a politician tweets about their company, or they tweet something negative about themselves, you could immediately have thousands of threats or people that are adversarial towards you very quickly. So, in the past where we used to worry about one person physically showing up somewhere, you could now actually have a whole movement against you, or a government, depending on what you’re looking into.
This week On the Circuit Magazine Podcast, we’re speaking with Kristin Lenardson of Crisis 24 and founding board member of the International Protective Security Board (IPSB) as she discusses how protective intelligence and how EP has transformed over the last two years.
Join us as we chat about why you have to understand threat management and how to really push yourself forward and distinguish yourself in the field so you can get hired. Key insights and takeaways from this episode include:
- What problem are we really trying to solve for by integrating threat Intel as a service for EP?
- Accuracy of intelligence versus speed of dissemination? Which is more important?
- What practices and resources are recommended for operators to remain on top of threat monitoring?
- What can SOC operators do to achieve greater buy-in from their mobile assets?
- How to get buy-in and explain the value proposition of intelligence gathering and analysis to stakeholders who sometimes view it as an optional extra, or a ‘nice to have.’
- Advice or recommendations for anyone who is interested in this line of work and where to get more information and a better understanding of what it takes to be a threat analysist? What sort of skills, traits, qualifications and education is required?
Be sure to tune in to this jam-packed episode with tons of actionable ideas and tips!
More about Kristin:
Kristin Lenardson brings a wealth of experience tailormade to support organizational risk intelligence. Trained as an FBI Intelligence Analyst working both US domestic and combat zone law enforcement missions, she knows the importance of critical information for the decision makers. She has conceived, built, and lead multiple Security Operations Centers (SOCs) for global corporations in diverse industries. Kristin has managed multi-spectrum security teams including travel risk, close protection, family office, and event security. She has extensive experience managing third-party security vendor relationships. Giving back to the corporate security profession, Kristin is on the Board of Directors for the International Protective Security Board, an executive protection-focused nonprofit.
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called ‘On the Circuit’ where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: