Service provider to Local Authorities and Police
Location of work : North, East and West London
- Employed Patrol Officer working as part of a team responsible for patrolling Parks, Open Spaces, Housing Estates and Nightime Economy Venues.
Role overview: Duties include (Dependant on role):
- These roles are street-based (public realm) uniformed patrol, deployed in a Police & Local Authority support capacity, to manage public nuisance within Parks, Open Spaces and Housing Estates through presence patrolling and enforcement. To support the public and other partner agencies in the overall management of public disorder, crime and other nuisance issues.
- The area of responsibility is borough wide and the locations of work within the borough are determined by intelligence-led tasking, call response and Police briefings.
Terms: £28,300 to £33,000 per annum. Employed position with pension and 28 days annual leave. Overtime available.
- Assist the public on behalf of the Local Authority with regards to safety and welfare.
- Gather information & intelligence for directed and further action against offenders, share information and facilitate cross-border liaison.
- Detect, Disrupt & Deter offenders and take appropriate enforcement action where required.
- Process persons for relevant offences and other enforcement actions and ensure that all matters relating to the process of information are carried out in a prompt, efficient manner in line with service and legal requirements.
- Provide education and awareness based patrols in the public domain, in a policing remit to manage crime, ASB and other forms of nuisance in a borough/area wide setting.
- Task hot spot localities identified by the public and the Police and actively prioritise low level and quality of life issues.
- Work in partnership with Local Service providers: Police, Intelligence Units, Crime Reduction and Community Safety Units.
- Provide a reduction in the fear of crime and improved reassurance through committed public liaison and by attending various Council, Police and public meetings in relation to this role.
Working Days : 5 day week variable (Friday, Saturday & Sundays priority days with longer shifts)
Shifts: Predominantly late turn between 11:30 to 02:30hrs longer hours / weekend working:
Total hours per week: average around 45hrs p/w but extra hours available
Pay Rate Guide
- Local Authority Work: £12 (plus) ph dependant on role and experience
- A valid SIA Door Supervisors Licence & criminal record DBS Certificate
- A valid driver’s licence & own means of transport to and from the work base, the location of which may change from assignment to assignment.
- Excellent spoken & written English language skills.
- Be computer literate and able to type competently using Microsoft Word and communicate by Email, and able to learn other computer programmes as required for the role
- Live within a sustainable/ reasonable travelling distance of North and West London (no more than 1/1.5hrs) or means to stay locally during each period of work
- A good level of understanding of Criminal Law and an ability to learn policy, process and required, specific legislation
- Be physically fit and able to patrol on foot and work from a vehicle for the duration of each shift, able to wear body armour and manage any physical altercations.
- Be compassionate and motivated to support and help the public.
- Be willing to work in close partnership with other organisations
- Excellent communication, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Be able to deal with confrontational, volatile and physical incidents.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Be able to self-task and take responsibility for service delivery & development.
- For staff capable of progressing into a career, you will need to pass a full Police vetting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,300.00 to £33,000.00 /year
- Full Manual Driving License (Required)
- SIA License (Required