Job Title: Physical Security Operations
Location: Radbroke, Knutsford
The Chief Security Office is a global team, with over 900 colleagues across Europe, Asia and the Americas. CSO is solely responsible for all aspects of the security and resilience of the Group regardless of the kind of threat. The function includes the following group responsibilities: Cyber Security, Physical Security, Intelligence, Investigation and Resilience.
The role of Physical Security is to enable Barclay’s business objectives through a comprehensive, coherent and consistent global physical security solution that protects our people, premises and assets.
The primary purpose of this role is to support and enable the delivery of critical security services at both global and regional level. This includes the management of key global security projects, the development, maintenance and implementation of effective operational procedures and the development of security policy and strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Directly manage key projects and other initiatives as assigned by senior leaders
- Lead for the design, development and maintenance of all global processes and procedures to ensure the consistent delivery of security services
- Contribute to the defining and setting of physical security strategy and the production of policies and standards
- Undertake operational level assurance of the physical security control environment through detailed on-site assessments or desk-top reviews
- Continually assess the performance of the PS&I function against established SLA metrics. Track and amend KPI’s to ensure that an accurate assessment of performance is captured
- Identify and share best practice through liaison with strategic stakeholders
- Lead post incident reviews to identify the root cause of any control or procedural failures.
What We’re Looking For
- A thorough understanding of security risk management and the ability to identify, evaluate and mitigate complex security related issues and risks
- Extensive exposure developing, documenting and implementing complex operational security procedures
- A thorough understanding of MS Office applications including PowerPoint and Excel.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Exposure developing colleague online security awareness training material across a global organisation
- Background undertaking physical security operational assurance activities
- Ability to manage costs and P&L across a global portfolio.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.