Security Officers British Embassies – Worldwide
The generic responsibilities are to provide a 24/7 service working a shift pattern rotation whilst in country, encompassing but not limited to:
- Preventing unauthorised access to certain restricted parts of the building at each location.
- Protecting the property and assets.
- Preventing unauthorised removal of official and/or personal property from Post.
- Responding to emergencies out of hours; e.g. fire, flood or intrusion into any building and compounds and request as necessary.
- Detecting and reporting sightings of suspicious activities, objects or persons out of hours.
- Acting responsibly towards official personnel and visitors (both authorised and unauthorised) with due regard to their human rights, local and international law.
- Maintaining and utilising the access control systems applicable to the post concerned.
- Adhering to Post Security Regulations.
- Ensuring that when required the correct areas/buildings are locked and secured.
- Enforcing entry/exit control to buildings by checking and confirming as necessary personal identification and only permitting access to personnel (after searching and removal of prohibited items) with the necessary authorisation to visits outside of normal working hours.
- Conducting regular patrols and searches around designated areas of Post as agreed with the Overseas Security Manager (OSM).
- Undertaking reasonable and appropriate additional measures required by the (OSM).
- Monitoring alarm systems, CCTV and any other security systems and investigate and report suspicious activities, objects or persons out of normal office hours.
- Supervising non-vetted external contractors’ staff when necessary (e.g. cleaners, painters, maintenance workers) in the designated areas of the buildings, out of hours.
- Issuing keys and passes to authorised personnel and maintaining applicable logs.
- You will also support other team colleagues and the Mission security team on standby whilst at Post to provide additional security and back up as required.
- The right person will be reliable, responsible, flexible and be able to demonstrate effective judgement.
- Must have very good interpersonal/customer skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a small team in an office environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Competent/experienced in IT (to include Microsoft Office applications) and electronic systems (task specific training is provided).
- You must hold an in-date SIA Licence or be eligible to apply for one.
Terms and Conditions:
Flights will be provided at Economy class to UK home hubs only.
Accommodation will be provided close to the Embassy.
Annual Salary of £32,425 paid monthly plus a £3,000 bonus for satisfactorily completing the first year and each subsequent year thereafter.
The above includes In Country Allowance (ICA) which is £325 paid each month in country (not on leave).
Rotations are three calendar months on and one calendar month off.
Three calendar months Annual Leave (paid) per annum.
You must be a UK Citizen and hold an in-date UK passport in order to apply for this position.
Interviews will be with Minimal Risk Recruitment Team. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.