Safety Advisor – Central (French fluency required)
Safety Advisor – Central (French fluency required)
Safety Advisor- Central based in Mopti & Sevare
The INSO mission in Mali
INSO Mali started in 2013 and launched its full services in 2014. INSO Mali provides services to improve the delivery of humanitarian aid and preserve the safety of staff employed by around 150 Malian and international NGOs that provide humanitarian aid and emergency.
INSO Mali now covers the whole of Mali. We are looking for an experienced person to join our team as Safety Advisor Center based in Mopti / Sévaré and lead our team in charge of the Center regions (Ségou and Mopti Regions).
The Safety Advisor position offers a unique opportunity to work with a tight-knit team to provide the NGO community with contextual analysis and safety advice, in a global effort to improve humanitarian access. Specific responsibilities include the production of analysis products according to INSO standards, staff mentoring and monitoring of service compliance.
The successful candidate will have solid experience in the management of NGO security and safety, and humanitarian access. He will be an open, curious, rigorous person, and experienced in building and managing high-performance teams. The candidate will also have the ability to analyze security issues and complex contexts, to communicate fluently in French orally and in writing at an excellent level and, above all, to share INSO’s commitment to the principles. humanitarian.
* Ensure the supply of INSO Mali products and services for the central regions (scheduled services and on-demand services) by providing our NGO partners with a rapid and credible contextual analysis of the local security situation, in accordance with standards and policies internal;
* Facilitate regional round tables on the safety of the NGO community;
* Manage an operational and support team (log, admin, HR), including the supervision of national staff;
* Set up an active information network bringing together NGOs, the United Nations, the armed forces and other national and international actors from the regions under its responsibility;
* Participate in various coordination meetings and forums related to humanitarian aid;
* Help NGOs develop their own security management capacities by providing sound advice, reviewing policy documents, carrying out site security surveys and assisting in the coordination of crisis management;
* Represent, promote and protect effectively the mandate of independence, impartiality and neutrality of INSO.
* Fluent French (compulsory) and working knowledge of English (oral and written);
* Training at master’s level or equivalent in a relevant field;
* Experience of at least 2 years in an NGO position with responsibilities for risk management and humanitarian access (for example: head of mission, project manager, field coordinator, base manager, emergency coordinator, security referent, analyst etc.);
* Experience of at least 1 year in a post-conflict / emergency environment in the humanitarian sector;
* Excellent writing skills, analysis and attention to detail – the position involves a lot of editing and proofreading;
* Strong understanding of humanitarian action principles and practices, risk management, security and NGO access;
* Good understanding of INSO mandate and services.
* One year of field experience in the region – Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger – and a good understanding of the local context in central Mali;
* Professional background that reflects experience in the fields of humanitarian security and humanitarian access;
* Experience in liaising humanitarians with armed forces and armed groups (CMCoord);
* Experience in capacity building and staff training;
* Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL).
Key personal skills
* Good listening skills
* A good communicator
* An excellent analyst
* A team mentality
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* An inclusive manager
Terms and conditions
12-month contract with a desired start date of January 4, 2021. Monthly salary of € 4,550 per month, 4 calendar days of annual leave per month worked, 7 days of R&R every 3 months with an allowance of € 1,000. Accommodation, comprehensive medical coverage (excl. USA) and life insurance included.
Protection and recruitment policy
INSO is fully committed to the safe recruitment, selection and screening of potential new staff, administrators and volunteers. We will ensure strict compliance with our code of conduct and our safeguard policy throughout the recruitment process.
As such, the following recruitment practices will be applied:
* Any job offer will be conditional on receipt of at least two satisfactory professional references;
* INSO will question the candidates on any important gap between the different positions or frequent changes of employer and address;
* All essential qualifications and professional accreditations as well as memberships will be verified;
* The successful candidate will have to provide valid proof of identity (passport, identity card);
* All new employees will receive an orientation on INSO codes and procedures in terms of protection policy (code of conduct, whistleblowing, etc.);
* All new employees will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Interested candidates should send the following documents by clicking the apply link with the reference “SA CENTER” in the subject line of the email:
* A motivation letter specifying how you meet the prerequisites and the desired characteristics, your motivation to apply and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 pages maximum);
* Up-to-date CV (5 pages maximum);
* Relevant and substantial writing in French that demonstrates your analytical and writing skills (10 pages maximum).
Please do not send additional information (such as copies of certificates, diplomas or other writing,…) and please keep a maximum size of 2MB for your application.
Only the preselected candidates will be contacted. Applications will be monitored and evaluated as they arise, so do not hesitate to send your application as soon as possible.