About the job
Innovative, exciting, challenging, unique, diverse … we could go on – in fact we often do – when describing what it is like to work at Magnox.
Our people use first-of-a-kind solutions to make history and we continually strive to be the best in the business. We need to be. We have a formidable mission – to safely and securely decommission the first generation of commercial nuclear power stations and research facilities.
We are celebrated for our science and technology but also recognised for our approach. We are a business which understands that a diverse workforce is essential – as demonstrated by our awards’ cabinet. We are committed to safe guarding the environment and being great neighbours – over the years we have given millions of pounds to schemes in our communities.
Achieving our goal takes teamwork. From project managers to HR advisors, from engineers to Security Professionals – everyone has a role to play in the Magnox family.
We have some excellent opportunities in our new and improved security function. We ourselves have undertaken quite a journey over the last couple of years. Our team has developed and grown, and whilst we are pleased to have created opportunities for our own employees, we now look forward to welcoming some new additions to the team that have a mind-set for deploying modern security methodologies and approaches.
1 Security function, 12 sites.
Site Security Manager: Opportunities at Berkeley (Tier 2 Site), Harwell (Tier 1 Site), Hinkley Point A (Tier 2 Site), Sizewell (Tier 2 Site)
Annual Leave: 25 days plus Public Holidays
Bonus: Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
Pension: Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
CPD: Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Salary: Competitive Salary with access to performance linked pay progression, Starting Salary is £35,350 (for Tier 2 Sites), £42,843 ( for Tier 1 Sites)
Overview of Role:
We are looking for security professionals to provide leadership and management for our site security teams, ensuring the delivery of an effective security service and emergency response capability to the site.
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within security in a similarly regulated industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of security regulations.
- Qualified with a National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 3 qualification or above, in a relevant subject
- Ideally, leadership/management experience.
- Other security related qualifications would be advantageous.
You will need:
- Excellent customer care and communication skills with the ability to build long-term business relationships, ensuring that a high level of service is delivered.
- Ability to critically evaluate and assure arrangements at the site, making and driving to implementation recommendations for improvement.
- To be a good team member, bringing both the security team and the site along with you in continuing to provide excellent security service to the company and our neighbours.
Please ensure you attach your current CV via the apply button, complete with your preferred location and full contact details when applying for this role. Interviews are likely to be held the week commencing 25th January 2021.