Leading a large, on-site security team to guard and protect warehouse stock, premises and colleagues for our prestigious client – the world’s leading on-line retailer. Working in a modern, fast-paced fulfilment centre, you’ll manage a site security team of around 50 officers, supervisors and specialists to deliver services to client requirements. With full responsibility for operational performance, you will ensure that your teams are recruited, trained, briefed and deployed to provide an effective security presence.An experienced security professional, you’ll ensure the prevention and detection of stock loss and respond to emergencies including fire evacuation, conflict management and physical intervention. You will also use your strong IT skills to maintain and organise systems and records including rotas, monthly reports, budgets and payroll.With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll work closely with client representatives, customers and colleagues to investigate, understand and resolve problems. You will also support your supervisors by carrying out ‘hands-on’ operational activities if required, including disciplinary and grievance meetings, mentoring and performance management.Standard hours are 55 hours per week, Monday – Friday. However, the distribution centre operates 24/7 and you will need to be flexible to manage and support your team as required. Experience as a security manager or security supervisor is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
- Strong operational and client management skills
- Clear and confident communication skills
- The ability to remain calm, organised and professional under pressure
- Commercial focus and willingness to make decisions
- Excellent computer literacy and administration skills
- An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license
- Five years’ checkable history, right to work and references
- To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
- The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
- Professional membership of relevant management or security management institute, or related qualification – e.g., CMI, ISMI, etc.
- SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
- Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.