High Risk Security Advisor to work within a leading News High Risk Safety and Security Team. Regular deployments to high risk environments based on the news agenda.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy regularly, often at short notice, with the News teams to provide expert advice in high-risk environments.
- Maintain effective communication, while on the ground, to ensure that risk is articulated effectively to the News management.
- Assist in the implementation of risk management policies and protocols.
- Help develop partnership and effective collaboration with the Group Security, Resilience and Safety Hub, and the Group as a whole, to mutual benefit.
- When not deployed, the Security Advisor must be available to travel and work in Osterley for up to three days a week. This may be at short notice to support deployment preparation, training, and assistance in support of the high-risk, safety and security programme.
- Conduct risk assessment for news team deployments, update threats and hazards, and work alongside other colleagues in helping to develop the high-risk safety and security programs.
- Manage, coordinate and direct projects as requested by the High-Risk, Safety and Security Lead.
- Support HEFAT. Public Order, Cyber Awareness, and other training in support of the News staff.
- Support the ongoing assessment of industry standards, and development of equipment and technology.
- Where required, assist with the ongoing maintenance and resupply of protective equipment for news teams at home and abroad.
- Continual monitoring of worldwide security conditions and editorial developments, and interaction with stakeholders and industry bodies.
What you’ll bring:
- Highly experienced in supporting news teams across conflict zones, austere environments, and challenging situations.
- Passionate about journalism security.
- Minimum FREC 3/MIRA medical qualifications (non-negotiable).
- Be of calm character, self-motivated and personable.
- A team player, believing in collaboration, adaptability, and initiative.
- Able to readily embrace new technology and change.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a quick-paced environment with tight deadlines; you will be expected to work out of hours to support breaking news.
- A calm, detailed and methodical approach with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels.
The High Risk, Safety and Security team provides high-risk, safety and security support for the News teams deployed around the world.
It also develops processes and guidelines for pre-deployment and dynamic risk assessment, and liaises with internal and external stakeholders and wider industry to ensure knowledge of best practice is shared across theGroup.
The employer is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to storytelling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embedded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future.
Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
You will be required to be on-site for a minimum of 4 days per week in Osterley. Our Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.