Head Of Security – Mozambique
As HOD Security you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Since you will have several people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills. The goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Carry out regular risk assessments.
· Carry out audits of security processes to ensure compliance to set security standards and parameters.
· Plan human resource, gadgets and technological upgrades required for securing the licence area, operational installations, and products. Prepare and track budget accordingly.
· Compile monthly reports and forward the same to the board of directors.
· Planning, organising, and controlling the day to day and routine activities of the security department at their respective locations.
· Prepare SOP’s, Golden rules, post orders/instructions and ensure compliance.
· Carry out daily coordination meetings with key security personnel.
· Responsible for collection of intelligence, developing sources in and around the concession area and other towns and villages.
· Ensure proper upkeep and records of all security incidents at the mine.
· Prepare, update operational maps and maintain logbooks to record events of routine and suspicious nature.
· Responsible for the proper functioning of all security system elements like CCTV, security lighting and radio sets.
· Responsible for carrying out training for security teams on Human Rights and voluntary principles and other security related subjects. Maintain records of all such training.
· Liaise with government authorities and police personnel to ensure implementation of technological upgrades and smooth functioning of the security department.
· Provide intelligence (both internal and external) input to the management.
Education and Experience
· At least 10 years management experience in direct security operations within the private mining sector and/or Armed forces.
· Should have at least 5 years of experience as a commissioned officer in the army, navy or air force of any sovereign country.
· Must be a graduate or have the above.
· Proven management experience in multi-national environments and in managing a team of security professionals, including contracted private security personnel
· Experience with business continuity planning, auditing and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation
· Experience working alongside public security force personnel in developing areas\
· Knowledge of Portuguese will be an added advantage.
· High degree of integrity with strong professional approach
· Ability to remain calm under pressure, keeping emotions under control during difficult situations
· Credibility as a security professional with the ability to conceptualize but also sell the concepts to the organisation
· Thrive within a broad, multi-national team with a mix of cultures and backgrounds.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· A strong work ethic, accustomed to long working hours and readiness to work outside of normal working hours, particularly in times of emergency
· The capability to develop new and creative ideas
· Computer literate
· Clean Criminal Record
· Able to work in a tropical climate, away from home
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive USD Salary
· Discretionary bonuses
· 4 return air tickets per annum
· Life Assurance
· Private Medical Insurance
· 84 days holiday (10/3 rotation
How To Apply:
Submit application by clicking on the application link