Head of Health & Safety (FMCG/RETAIL)
Location: Middle East
Salary: circa £90,000 – £100,000 (Tax Free) + Medical, bonus, schooling
Would you like to lead a dynamic Health & Safety function across the Middle East? Do you have senior level H&S experience in the retail/FMCG sector?
This organisation offers a tax free salary and benefits including annual bonus and private medical cover. Applicants must have senior level Health & Safety experience in the Retail/FMCG sector – this could cover retail, hotels, office, shopping centres etc.
You will be responsible for overseeing the Health & Safety function across a large number of retail stores, offices and distribution centres across the Middle East.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulate a strategy to improve Health & Safety performance across stores in order to eliminate loss and drive profit
- Work closely with Fire Safety and retail loss prevention teams across the Middle East
- Engage senior stakeholders across the retail business
- Monitoring of all Health & Safety procedures and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation across stores, warehouses and head office locations.
- Implement best-practice Health & Safety procedures
- Monitor customer complaints for Health & Safety
- Ensure Fire Prevention standards are adhered to
- Conduct Health & Safety risk assessments
- Conduct fire safety risk assessments
- Make Health & Safety policy recommendations
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture
- Train staff on Health & Safety best practice
Applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing H&S at operational and strategic level in the FMCG sector. This could be within retail, corporate, shopping centres etc.
- NEBOSH Health & Safety qualification is essential (unless you have significant H&S experience within the retail sector)
- Strong people management skills with experience managing and developing teams
- Experience engaging and influencing senior stakeholders
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.