Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Job Description
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Site Manager to join the Total Security Management Team; the Security Site Manager will be based with one of our prestigious customers. This is a permanent role reporting into the Operations Manager.
- Main DutiesQualifications
It’s the little things that count –
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable
- To be responsible for the day to day operation of Security.
- Be the first point of contact for the Security team and deal with day to day matters such as standards of dress, discipline, and conduct are met and adhered to.
- Assist in on-going training to resident security teams and ensure all new security officers are fully trained and inducted to the site procedures and policies including CCTV, access control systems, deliveries and removals, fire alarms and intruder alarms.
- Develop teamwork within the workforce, ensuring high morale through effective motivational methods.
- Assist in review of Security Officers performance and development.
- To assist in any security / equipment investigations, i.e. thefts, missing items, complaints etc.
- Provide customer / client liaison as and when required.
- Ensure Assignment Instructions are adhered to at all times by security and shipping personnel.
- Ensure that any important messages are conveyed in the Security Handover and that all security personnel read and acknowledge them.
- Ensuring security records and logs are being kept up to date.
- Ensure the security team are compliant with all relevant legislation on data protection.
- Good literacy and communication skills and have excellent verbal and written English.
- Be computer and software literate.
- Reliability, self- motivation and ability to use own initiative and work without supervision.
- The ability to solve problems, make decisions and prioritise.
- The ability to transfer self-motivation to staff.
- The ability, tact and diplomacy to deal with people at all levels.
- Self-confidence and an interest in self-development.
- An interest in the continuous improvement of the Company’s performance.
- The nature of the role is such that it is essential that the post holder has and will maintain an excellent record of attendance and timekeeping.