Where are you going to find more talent? Whether or not there is a shortage, could we raise the whole industry by including professionals with diverse backgrounds as well as life experiences? Today we are very pleased to speak with Dawn Holmes on the eve of a Corporate Security Modernization conference dedicated to the Talent Pipeline.
Join us as we ask Dawn:
- Do senior security managers currently all look ‘the same?
- Are existing security leaders actually afraid of new talent challenging them?
- Is there a difference between diversity and inclusion?
- Do young professionals get disillusioned with the industry?
- Is routinely drawing new professionals with a background in the services a ‘lazy’ approach?
- How can we differentiate between a tick-box-exercise and actually being open to new talent?
- Can recruitment technology become a tool for unnecessarily discarding candidates and does it have a bias?
- To what extent does representation matter for the next generation?
More about Dawn:
Dawn is a Chartered Security Professional with 20 years experience working on breaking barriers in a male dominated Security industry. Dawn isn’t made out of the traditional security manager mould, but believes that being different has been beneficial more than it’s been a problem, but accepts that there is a need to make this profession more supportive and inclusive as others may not have the bandwidth to take on the additional aggravation for being different and leave the industry- leaving it poorer for their absence.
Throughout her career in Security Dawn has worked in several Women in Security, Young Professionals groups and with school leavers, supporting and encouraging others that are different that this a selling point and that if they give Security a chance they can succeed in a profession that is varied, dynamic, challenging and rewarding- and can break some moulds and change the representation of the profession whilst doing so.
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called ‘On the Circuit’ where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: