You could put wire mesh on the windows of Bond Street or Fifth Avenue Haute Couture stores but would anyone still shop there?
Today we are speaking with Jonathan Eddery who developed a wealth of Loss Prevention (LP) skills and experience before joining MAST as Director of Technical Security Systems. We are learning how to balance risk management with reputational risk and the interplay between covert and overt technology.
On today’s episode we are asking:
- Is one of the major Loss Prevention (LP) skills balancing what not to protect when balancing unsightly or disproportionate measures with the aesthetics or reputation of the business?
- What does LP have to teach the wider community about security-by-design in their day to day work?
- What does the tech landscape actually look like at the moment in responding to different types of crime?
- How can today’s security consultant be expected to be all things to all people?
- How can you maximise your own profits on a consultancy project without understanding the tech involved?
- How much of a tech expert do you need to be to prevent distributor or supplier price gouging?
More about Jonathan
Jonathan Eddery is an experienced Security professional, specialising in bespoke consultancy services across various sectors of the industry. A former police officer of 9 years he went on to obtain 2-degree level qualifications in Security Risk Management and progressed to be an assessor for the CSMP BTEC level 6 diploma. He devoted a further 12 years to understanding risk in retail, corporate and educational establishments. Seeing a niche in the industry for a Tech savvy consultant he advanced his learning with 4 further Technical Security courses. Utilising these unique skills, he is currently the Director of Technical Security projects for MAST
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called ‘On the Circuit’ where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: